Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fundraising Success!


Another fantastic fundraising event!
We raised a total of $618.00!

Mom and I set up our table again at the Firstenburg Holiday Bazaar today. The crowd wasn't as big as last year but it was quite successful for us. I honestly have to give Husband a lot of the credit though! Hudson's Bar & Grill donated a $40 gift certificate which we raffled off, raising quite a bit of money. They also donated desserts again this year and of course those are ALWAYS a big hit! (Who doesn't love an awesome pastry?!) To top it all off, Husband sold over two dozen $10 towel / dish cloth sets for us to people he works with by telling them it was "for the boobies!" Apparently, not only is he a great chef, he is also a great salesman! Thank you, Husband!

Two Towels / two dish cloths per set - $10.00
(They make great gifts for the holidays!)

Mom crochets the dish cloths... I crochet the little tie you see binding them all together! haha That's ALL I can manage to make - a string! It's hard work for me! Seriously. I need to learn to crochet so I can help more with the crafty items. Mom makes these as well as knitted baby blankets (I can't knit either!!) so she spends a lot of her free time making items for us to sell so I can reach my fundraising goals. Her support is boundless! Thank you, Mom!

At the end of the day we were approached but a woman asking us to set up a table at another bazaar on December 8th. She said they were looking for people who were raising funds for a cause. (That would be us!) We signed up and now MOM has to get busy replenishing our stock! Oh sure, I'll help too... I can make more strings! Sooooo glad I can contribute! ;)

I will post more information about the December 8th bazaar as I get it.

Thank you to my friends who showed up today and made some nice purchases! It it so nice to be so loved and supported!

Today's winner of the raffle drawing was Clarice Waitkus! She and her husband were thrilled with the win and can't wait to visit Hudson's at the Heathman Lodge for their first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment