Thursday, January 17, 2013

Best. Shirt. Ever.

Last Sunday I was running/walking in 27 degrees F. I was worried about what to wear that morning because running is different than walking. I didn't want to wear too much and get hot and I didn't want to wear too little and freeze. This running gig is a whole new ball game for me... different clothes to wear, different muscles used, different fueling needs, etc. I'm constantly learning!

Earlier in the week, my friend, Kathie, had a shirt on her desk in an eye-catching, interesting little tube (packaging is everything, isn't it?!). I picked it up and asked what it was. She said she had done some research about what to wear when walking in COLD temperatures and everything she read pointed to this one shirt type - Columbia Omni-Heat.


Kathie asked if I was running over the weekend and when I said yes, she told me to take the shirt and try it out... to let her know what I thought about it. I said "Nooooo, it is your new shirt with the tags still attached!" After some back and forth "no's" and "take it's", I agreed to take the shirt, sweat in it, wash it and give it back to her! She is such a giving person!!

To sum it up, the shirt is FANTASTIC! I LOVED IT!

The inside looks like this...


It is like wearing a Mylar blanket - those blankets they give you at the end of a marathon to warm you up. 

Omni-Heat explained here.

When we were inside getting ready to run, I felt a little warm and worried about how I was going to feel when running. When I started running and felt my core warm up, I felt a "cold layer" over my skin. I knew I was warm and sweating but the shirt made me feel nice and cool! When we returned back to the building, we spent time outside and while those sweaty people were beginning to get chilled, I felt toasty and warm! It was amazing!

Thank you Kathie for letting me cut your tags off and sweat in your new shirt! xoxo 

Seriously... Best shirt ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment