Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Tom Dick and Harry Mountain with Matthew

A beautiful hike... on a beautiful day... with a beautiful soul! I took today off because I thought I would need the rest after hiking 42 miles around Mt. Hood over the past three days but amazingly I felt fine and decided to take my son up Tom Dick and Harry Mountain. We don't usually have the same days off so this was the perfect opportunity for us to hike together. The weather was nice and the hike was a good one for him. Matthew likes destination hikes with a view so I've been anxious to get him up this one for awhile. We took our time and enjoyed constant conversation. Matthew knows I love mushrooms so more than once he hiked down the embankment just to get a picture of one for me (awesome son). He told me he thought his mom was a badass and that he was really proud of me. He melted my heart out on that trail, I tell ya... MELTED. MY. HEART.

When we reached the summit his reaction was just as I expected... pure amazement. He loved it! We sat up there on the rocks for more than an hour. We ate lunch, talked, he meditated (perfect place for it), and we soaked up the beauty of nature. On the way back down we circled Mirror Lake as a little side trip. So lovely and peaceful...

We stopped on the way home to enjoy a beer and burger in Welches. After four days of hiking, it was well earned.  I was T.I.R.E.D. but oh so happy. :)

It was a perfect day.































2019 Hike 35/52
7.78 miles; 1721 feet of elevation gain




No comments:

Post a Comment