Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jingle Bell 5k Walk


This morning, Mom and I participated in the Jingle Bell 5k Walk in Portland.  It was Mom's first event! The route was along the river so it was nice and flat. It was cold out (37 degrees F) but was perfect for walking. The runners in this event were officially timed but the walkers weren't. Of course I wore my trusty Garmin Forerunner and timed us so Mom could see how well she did. We walked the 3.1 miles in 48 minutes and 5 seconds, averaging 15:30 minute miles. How's that for a woman about to turn 72 years old in less than a month?! You go, Mom! I'm so proud of you! I had a great time sharing the experience with you and seeing all of your excitement! Now get some rest and be ready for your officially timed 5k event next weekend!

Ho ho ho!

1 comment: