Wednesday, August 15, 2012

BAM!

I ran across a few things today that really hit home with me.

This blog page from "MyHeartDances" hit me like a ton of bricks!! My "Porky" story (under my Background tab above) comes to mind! Time to change my tune... let it all go... MOVE ON.  Stop the negative self-talk. I can't imagine what life will be like (really quiet?!) without the constant chatter in my head about how "I'm not good enough because I'm fat" crap but I'm really going to try. I have such a positive frame of mind these days but I need to finish clearing out the clutter in the corners so I can really be 100% at peace with myself. I can't let that moment in 7th grade define me f-o-r-E-V-E-R! I'm worth more than that. I owe it to myself to change the outcome. Damn, I think someone just turned on the lights!

This video is real (found within the blog mentioned above).  Real women. No make-up. No styled hair. No photoshopping.  There needs to be more of this out there. Society / the media makes people like me feel Inadequate. Ugly. Worthless. Undesirable. I applaud the women strong enough to be in the video (I honestly don't believe I could have been one of them!) and the woman who created it!

People are so judgemental.

It sucks.

This blog, Mirror Mirror... Off the Wall,  is all about having a positive body image. The writer stopped looking in the mirror for a year to conquer her own body image issues.  I love how she writes. She's writing a book about her experience.

With all that said, don't get me wrong - I'm still on a mission to finish losing my extra baggage I'm carrying around - however slow it goes - but THIS MISSION is FOR ME.

Trying to lose weight for anyone besides YOURSELF is nearly impossible. It may work for awhile but eventually that person (or persons) you were losing it for will disappoint you (we all have our disappointing moments!) or that event you were losing it for will come and go. In the end, your mission will come to an abrupt halt. You gain back whatever you lost for whatever wrong reason you were losing it for. In order to succeed, the ONLY reason you want to lose weight has to be FOR YOU... for your health... for your physical ability (my back!)... for your own peace of mind.

I'm getting there.

----------------------

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. 
~ Wayne Dyer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqueline,
    I just read your latest Walking the Miles blog and it hit me pretty hard.  Somehow I hope that you can appreciate just what you have accomplished with your weight loss really means to me too.  I could not be any more proud, and very happy, with what you have done.   It is obviously very difficult to overcome all the factors that have contributed to the problem, but you know what:  YOU have shown me, and the world, that you can and have done it.....that is truly something to be extremely proud of.  You have not only done it for yourself, but for the ones that you love and those that love you - mainly, a gift to Ray and your children (and me) by improving your health - with a certainty of a longer and healthy life that you will be able to share with them.  I just want you to know that what you have done, and continue to do, makes me very, very proud of you.  Thank you Babe.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete