Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Of course I did!

I just registered and committed to the 2013 3-Day for the Cure event! Of course I did! This year's event hasn't even taken place yet but I know I will do it again... and again... and again!

The 2012 Seattle 3-Day for the Cure I'm participating in is September 14, 15 and 16th. I'm more than excited and almost ready to go! My foot is slowly but surely mending and I'm walking without pain most of the time.  Hopefully over the next four weeks, as I build up my miles again, my foot will continue to improve. I walked all 60 miles in the past two events and know that I'm more than capable of walking long distances. However, I suffered for more than 8 months with a foot injury over the past year and don't want to over-do it to the point of me injuring my foot further and suffering all over again. I HOPE to walk all 60 miles but if I can't, there is no shame in hopping on one of the "sweepers" (decked out vans with rowdy drivers!) to get me to the next stop, lunch or even to camp. I haven't experienced being "swept" before so maybe this is the year to check it out! (You even get a special pin - more bling - for hopping on!) Who knows?! We'll have to see how the ol' foot holds out. I'm not going to show up there making demands on myself. I have to be smart and do what feels right. My fundraising supports the cause whether or not I walk the full 60 miles. I'm just going to go out there and have a BLAST whether it is walking for the entire three days or "sweeping" off and on... it doesn't matter. I will be a part of this great event and enjoy it to the fullest!

My fundraising requirements for this year's event have been fulfilled so I'm closing my 2012 3-Day donation page. You can view it here: Jacqueline's 2012 3-Day for the Cure Fundraising. If you still want to donate, please hit the 2013 link at the top of my blog or click HERE so the money will go towards next year's fundraising. To participate in the event, we must each raise a minimum of $2300.00. It takes A LOT of work and is a big commitment but it is worth it! I enjoy fundraising for a cause I truly believe in as much as I enjoy the event itself.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME ALONG THE WAY!

I could not participate without YOUR help!


No comments:

Post a Comment