Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival 2014

I went to my very first Tulip Festival on April 26th. I have to admit, when asked to go, I thought... What the heck do people go see a field of tulips for?! Now I know! And I'll be going again next year!

After several months of hiding out at home and being a recluse, I finally made plans to see two special friends of mine - Kathie and Cathie. It had been months between our last visit and communication (solely my fault) and it was time to catch up. We agreed to meet for coffee at Bridgeport Village (awesome shopping center!) and ride together to the tulip festival. We sat with our coffees for awhile, chatting about our lives, jobs, kids, etc. It was so nice reconnecting!

Off we went to the festival at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm.  It was AMAZING! Never have I seen so many flowers and colors in my life! Row after row, field after field... TULIPS were everywhere! We (mostly Kathie - we left her in charge of the photos) took a kazillion pictures - burned through two cell phone batteries - and we still didn't capture it all! There are literally hundreds of types of tulips and each has it's own special color, texture and characteristics.  Wow!

After enjoying the tulips, we went back to the Bridgeport Village and enjoyed more conversation, dinner and drinks at PastiniYummmm. It was a wonderful day and I'm so happy I ventured out to go some place different and most of all, to see my friends!  It was a GREAT day!

If I post ALL of the pictures we took on here, you'll definitely go TuLiP-CrAzY so let me TRY to narrow it down.  P.S. It was WINDY thus the WILD HAIR on my head! ;)  
































No comments:

Post a Comment