Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Moving On

First and foremost… I’m happy!  I have adjusted to “single life” and I am enjoying every minute of it! I love being my own boss and more so, love not having a boss!  Ha!  Wooohoooo to being single!  My divorce was finalized in January. Divorce and leading up to it was absolutely horrible. If it had to be this way (which obviously, according to him, it did...), I am just happy it is over with and thankful that chapter of my life is behind me. Too much pain.  I am now in a much better place.  I have gained my independence, peace of mind, and happiness!  I am smiling once again, laughing and feeling carefree!  You never really realize how dark your days are until you emerge on the other side of the situation and see the sunshine!

With my new life have come many new adventures!  J  I have gone back to the days before marriage... before parenthood... and resumed what I loved most at that time… HIKING.  I have traded the pavement (marathon training) for the soft (although sometimes very rocky) trails of Mother Earth.  I love the great outdoors – the mountains, trees and fresh air!  Walking has always cleared my head but walking in the mountains fills my heart and soul.  It’s a great place for me to be!

Nanette aka Bullseye also gave up pounding the pavement.  She’s out there hiking with me and enjoying the same great adventures!  Backpacks, hiking boots, trekking poles, gaiters… sounds like fun, doesn’t it?!  It is!  And it’s only going to continue to get better! 

In April we climbed up to Angel's Rest and then futher up to Devil's Rest.  


















We also hiked in Forest Park a couple of times starting at the Leif Erikson Drive North Trailhead...

















I'm far behind on blogging but there are many more pictures to follow.  :)  There is SO MUCH BEAUTY out there!

Happy trails!  Happy me!












No comments:

Post a Comment