Saturday, November 23, 2019

Dog Mountain

Dog Mountain - one of my favorites and one of the more challenging hikes in the area. Permits are required to climb it from April to June. Wait... what? June? Really? (I just looked that up.) I thought they were required through September. huh. I could have been hiking it!  Because of the permits (the need to plan ahead), I choose to hike other trails during the summer but always miss hiking on this one. When my Adventure Sister asked where we were hiking this weekend, I was quick to say, DOG MOUNTAIN, PLEASE! It did not disappoint! In fact... it made me a little disappointed in myself! The hike nearly kicked my butt (I really need to eat better.). The old Dog bared its teeth, snarled, and growled... it pushed and challenged... and it make me work extra hard today. WHAT A BEAST! 

And I loved every minute of it! ;)























Another cold, windy, and wild hair day!












2019 Hike 48/52
6.75 miles; 2816 feet of elevation gain





No comments:

Post a Comment