Sunday, November 10, 2019

Tom, Dick and Harry

Here I am back on my current favorite trail... Tom, Dick and Harry! I never get tired of this one! Today it was unusually warm for this time of the year with an average temperature of 37 degrees on the trail. I'm a warm hiker and don't require too many layers (as long as I'm moving) but it seems a bit crazy to me that I didn't even wear a coat today. It truly felt "warm".

It was again a no-view day on TDH. Lots of fog and low level clouds but the sun at the summit was nice and warm. I couldn't see Mt. Hood but could feel it standing there - proud and magnificent! The weather didn't seem to attract too many early hikers as we were the only two on the summit for the 30 minutes we sat there. I love hiking early in the day for this very reason! It won't be long before the snow falls and this trail to the top will be inaccessible. But... I'm looking forward to the snowshoe season and will certainly make it to Mirror Lake a time or two. ;)























2019 Hike 45/52
7.50 miles; 1633 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment