Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bummed


May 6, 2012 - Vancouver Fit - 18 mile walk.

Due to the ongoing, never-ending pain in my right foot, it took me nearly 5 hours to complete 18 miles! I enjoyed it mentally but phsically I suffered the majority of the walk. I made the choice to go ahead and go that morning because I had taken it easy all week and thought my heel/foot was on the mend. It probably wasn't the smartest choice but I did it anyway. In a moment of fun around mile 7 or 8, I RAN up the last part of a hill and it was all "downhill" [figuratively speaking!] from there. Something "caught" in my heel/ankle and it caused me to limp the rest of the way, sending little shocks up the inside of my ankle from time to time. I have not been out walking since that day in an effort to let my foot rest. It continues to hurt and at times, pretty badly. I went to my doctor to get a referral to podiatry and my doctor instantly said it was plantar fasciitis without even looking at my foot. I honestly don't believe that is all of it, if any part of it. I suffered with plantar fasciitis years ago when I was very overweight and this just doesn't feel the same. The pain is different and in a different location. I have my appointment with podiatry on May 22nd and I am actually looking forward to it. I want this resolved because I am definitely tired of the pain and honesty, I'm tired of limiting my walking! How am I supposed to reach my goal of walking 1500 miles in 2012 if I keep having to take time off for some annoying foot pain?!

This Sunday is Portland's first Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon ... which I am, of course, signed up for! I plan to casually walk it (absolutely NO running) with a couple of my friends but that's just a plan and not reality yet. I have said all along that I will wait until Saturday to make a final decision about whether or not I believe I can do it. I am going to go for a trial walk tomorrow and see how it goes. I probably should be smart about it this time.

Ugh. I am bummed.

To add insult to injury, my home computer has crashed - it is D.E.A.D. - and some things aren't easily done on this iPad and other things are absolutely impossible to do (such as previewing and spellchecking this blog entry!). Now what?!

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching...




No comments:

Post a Comment