Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Goodbye Cast... I'm NOT going to miss you!


Yes, my toenail is black. It has been since January!


Ahhhhh... to shower and sleep again in comfort!

Hopefully now my heel/foot is on the road to recovery. After no cast for 24 hours, my assessment is that I am 95% improved! Let's hope it continues to feel that way. I don't have to do any formal physical therapy at this time but I have stretches to do at home. My calf muscle is weak and sore from lack of use. I was instructed to ride my stationary bicycle to help my muscle gain strength again. No running in any marathons YET but I will definitely get back out there as soon as possible... I have training to do! Walking around the mall today was a bit uncomfortable for my calf (not my foot, thank goodness) so it's going to take some time. I'm just happy to have that cumbersome cast OFF.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment