Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kelly Clarkson and The Fray - Luck and a Double Concert

Matthew, Brittany and Kelly Clarkson!

We decided to go to this concert months ago. We love the venue, Sleep Country Ampitheater, which is only two exits up the freeway from us, and oooooof course we love Kelly Clarkson and The Fray!

Our luck started with Brittany getting the tickets at a very discounted rate through Groupon, a deal-of-the-day website that features discounted gift certificates usable at local or national companies. If you haven't checked it out, you should. There are great deals to be had! In fact, beware, you might just find yourself purchasing deals way too often... they are THAT good!

The concert was Saturday, June 21st. As we walked up to the gates to go in, there was a table set up by a local radio station. You could enter two drawings - one for upgraded tickets and one for Meet & Greet passes. We all three entered both.

There would be five drawings and they started in half an hour. You had to be present to win. Of course we NEVER win anything so sitting there was just something to do to kill some time because we were an hour early.

The first drawing was for the upgraded tickets. Someone's name was called - no surprise, it wasn't any of ours. The second drawing was also for upgraded tickets and... THEY CALLED MY NAME! ME! The woman who NEVER wins ANYTHING! (I've seriously only won one thing in my entire life and that was a very nice scrapbooking basket FULL of everything scrapping you can think of! Great win but that was the one and only time.) Anyway, I walked up and claimed my upgraded tickets for the three of us... box tickets right smack in the middle! Awesome seats!! We had our own designated spot with plenty of room to move around. We also had our own server, which we took full advantage of, ordering food and drinks for the evening. Very nice but I'm getting ahead of myself here... back to the drawings.

Showing off our winnings!

So... I just won the second drawing, right? The third drawing was for more upgraded seats... and THEY CALLED MATTHEW'S NAME! Unbeliveable!! Of course he walked up there and they said, "Ummm, these are more box seats." Matthew said, "I don't know what they are." and the woman said, "They are what your mother just won!" haha Okay, so Matthew had to pass on those tickets and someone else's name was drawn (making that the fourth drawing).

The fifth drawing was for Meet & Greet passes. Someone else won those. Darn it. And for the sixth and final drawing... for Meet & Greet passes... they drew a name and the woman said, "Oh the crowd isn't going to like this." and THEY CALLED MMMMMYYYYYYYYY NAME!! AGAIN! As Husband would say, 'Un-frickin-bo-lievable!' I honestly couldn't believe it. I walked up to the front with my head down and my hand covering my face. She was right... the crowd was NOT happy. I felt a little embarassed but hey, I won them fair and square!

I don't know what happend but our stars must have been perfectly aligned because we won three out of the six drawings - the fourth being an extra because Matthew had to pass on them. So really, we won three out of five times! Wow... I should have hopped a plane and gone to Vegas!


The Meet & Greet win only came with two passes and there was no talking them into giving us a third one so being the mom I am, I gave the passes to Brittany and Matthew. As much as I would have liked to have met Kelly, I am past the groupie stage in my life and felt my kids would enjoy it much more than I would. I knew they would get a picture with her and that would be something to hang on to for years to come. I was more than happy to let them take the passes. [Matthew said Kelly is "tiny" (he hugged her), "HOT" and "smelled REALLY good!"]

The kids actually missed The Fray concert because they were waiting to meet Kelly, who was running a little late! I really love The Fray and think they are just as awesome as Kelly is so it worked out really well - I honestly would have been disappointed to miss them!



During their concerts, Isaac Slade (the lead vocalist, main songwriter and pianist for The Fray) and Kelly, moved into the audiance and wouldn't you know it... they set up and sang their songs two boxes away from ours! (The kids had my camera with them during The Fray concert so I didn't get a close-up of Isaac but I got some of Kelly!)





(this one is a screen shot)





This is a concert we will always remember, thanks to our lucky stars! The only thing that would have made it better would have been for ME to get to meet Isaac! ;) hee hee

What a great evening spent with my kids!







No comments:

Post a Comment