Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Life

What happened to Weigh Day Wednesdays?, you ask. Work happened. Stress happened. Food happened.

Work. That's what it is. And there's plenty of it. The majority of overtime is in the past but every single hour I'm in the office right now is non-stop, no-time-to-breathe, learning, checking, double-checking, B-U-S-Y WORK. It has been extremely overwhelming. I have a headache almost every day. I'm suffering with anxiety and struggling to pull myself out of bed each morning. I'm not sleeping well. I'm not eating well. I'm not managing life well.

I'm not going to the gym. I'm not training to run. I'm not doing much of anything, really - not even blabbing on my blog!  I leave the office and want to do absolutely nothing. I arrive home and sit down until it's time to crawl into bed. If I dare to stay up too late (past 9:00!), I suffer in the morning. Four o'clock comes awful early when you don't get much sleep.

Hopefully soon I'll find a balance again - a balance between work and actually LIVING life. I need it. We all need it.

I really need to focus on eating healthy again too because I know it will make me feel a lot better, even without being in balance.

With all that said, I still really love my job - just not enjoying it right. now.

To get away from it all (my job and his), Husband and I went to Seattle last weekend to celebrate our 19th anniversary (wow) and my 48th birthday (big wow!). We stayed at the W Hotel, which is really modern and unique. We ate some fabulous food, drank plenty of drinks, shopped (it WAS my birthday, you know!), walked around the City and just enjoyed doing NOTHING.

View from our room...




We started drinking on Friday when we arrived in Seattle around 2:00 and I don't think we stopped until around midnight on Saturday! haha I haven't done that in years! We went from place to place sampling their food (Husband always has to check out the menu!) and drinking in the bars.

I look tired and we just arrived!



"Gum Wall" in Seattle.
So gross but so cool too!




Saturday evening my sister and her husband, as well as my sister-in-law, Edith, met up with us for ... what else?! ... drinks and appetizers! (Edith's husband was coming too but had to return to work at the last minute because of an employee's injury on the job.) We then went out to eat at an awesome restaurant - Wild Ginger. The food was wonderful and of course we all ate way too much of it. We had a great time though and I'm so happy we could get together - it doesn't happen often enough.

Thank you Husband, Cynthia, Craig and Edith for making my weekend extra special! Love you mucho!




Now it's off to bed (It's late!). Hopefully I wake up ready to face the world and pull it all together again.

The scale is waiting for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment