Thursday, May 9, 2013

Neighborhood Fundraising

Saturday was the annual Maplegate Neighborhood Garage Sale and our third year to set up a fundraising table in the area. The Neighborhood Garage Sale is huge and draws in the crowd, many of them returning year after year.  We really appreciate the homeowners of Maplegate allowing us to set up and be a part of their annual event.

We could not have asked for a better day - the weather was perfect! Last year it was cold and raining but this year it was warm and sunny! Everyone was out enjoying the sunshine!

It is such a great feeling when people come up to our table and talk to us like old friends, looking for items they bought from us previously, and to buy another brownie because they remembered how delicious they were!

We were "open for business" for four and a half hours and made $302. Mom sold three of her knitted baby blankets (totaling $85) and a couple crocheted dish cloth / towel sets. The rest was either donated or from the purchase of brownies, whoopie pies, pumpkin cakes and water. Most items at our table are one to two dollars so you can imagine how busy we were! Thankfully we had three of us "working" the table this time, which really helped things go smoothly. My son took total control of the food sales. Thank you, Matthew!

It was another successful fund raiser and I am $302 closer to reaching my goal of $2300! 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, whether it has been monetarily, physically (walking together keeps me in my training mode), or mentally (encouragement goes a long way!). I need it ALL and sincerely appreciate each and every one of you! - I know I've said all this before but I can't say THANK YOU enough!

A special shout out and MUCHO THANKS to my mom for all she does to help me succeed. She spends months knitting and crocheting items to sell to help raise money for this event every year. She also works right beside me at all of the fund raising events and she does it just for ME.  She knows how much I believe in the cause and how much I want to be a part of the 3-Day event. She willingly gives so much of her time and self just so I can participate. THANK YOU, Mom! I truly appreciate all you do for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment