Sunday, January 20, 2019

Herman Creek Trail, Pacific Crest Trail and Dry Creek Falls

It has been more than a month since I hiked with my adventure sister, Lidia, but today we were back on the trail together, visiting, laughing and doing what we love! We always have a great time together.

I love checking out a new trail and not knowing what to expect. This is a great one in the Columbia River Gorge. We started on the Herman Creek Trail, joined onto the Pacific Crest Trail and then went over to Dry Creek Falls (it was anything but “dry”). The trail took us through a burn area from the 2017 Eagle Creek Fire but of course the forest is still beautiful.

It rained on us the entire time but that never bothers me. The rain is “home”. As long as I can stay warm I don’t care if I get wet. Today was warm enough that I didn’t need to wear a hat but cold enough that I still needed a jacket on. I didn’t have a dry strand of hair left on my head but I was comfortable and happy! 

We hiked a total of 9.41 miles and had an elevation gain of 2,657 feet.








































2019 Hike 3/52




No comments:

Post a Comment