Saturday, May 2, 2020

Grassy Knoll and Lost Creek Trails

Quarantined and a torn rotator cuff aka terrible shoulder pain... no problem! Hike with a friend who has been isolated as much as you have, who believes the virus situation is serious, and who also is willing to help with the basics (putting on/pulling off my backpack and raincoat, tightening my straps, and even creating my ponytail!). Drive up an open forest road in the middle of nowhere and hike on a couple of lesser known trails. That's how today went! I finally got back outside doing what I love so much!

It rained... the sun shined... it got dark... it THUNDERED (yikes)... and it POURED! Crazy weather with very wet, muddy and sometimes snowy trails but I had a smile on my face the entire time! It was a GREAT day and just what I needed to help me through... it was an "altitude adjustment".

Life is good again. ;)


Grassy Knoll Trail:

























 






Lost Creek Trail:






















2020 Hike 12/52 - 4.30 miles; 1283 feet of elevation gain
2020 Hike 13/52 - 2.13 miles; 135 feet of elevation gain




No comments:

Post a Comment