Friday, May 8, 2020

Hantwick Road Trail and Bells Mountain

A sunny, warm (almost hot) day called for a day off of work! Yeah! State trails (some of them) opened earlier this week and I just couldn't wait for the weekend to get back outside! My bosses were accommodating and said to enjoy my day off.  :)  Such wonderful people!

Part of today's hike was new to me (Hantwick Road Trail - very nice!) and part of it (Bells Mountain Trail) was a trail I have been on many times and truly enjoy. We saw a few other hikers along the way and the biggest thing I noticed was the distance we all put between each other when passing. People used to step a foot or two off trail for you to pass. Today people were stepping 5-10 feet off of the trail. Most turned their heads as you went by and I even saw some that pulled their cloth masks up over their mouth and nose as we passed several feet apart. People are worried and cautious. Life has definitely changed and I know this is just the beginning.

We had lunch in a sunny spot with a great view of Mount St. Helens. It was beautiful! It was also the first hike since last summer that I didn't have to wear a coat. Summer is coming, y'all! Woohoo!










 



Mount St. Helens








2020 Hike 14/52 - 9.07 miles; 1541 feet of elevation gain




No comments:

Post a Comment