Saturday, May 9, 2020

Kalama Falls Trail

Another awesome hike today! Woohoo! A hot one too! Waterfalls, rivers, mushrooms (we even saw an amazing bronze colored one!), and giant trees. So fun and such a great day outside! Really... are there any bad days outside??

Today's hike was near Mount St. Helens at Kalama Falls. We had lunch sitting near the falls and the mist kept us cool in the heat of the sun. It was the best lunch spot ever! We did a lot of off trail exploring, enjoying the beauty of the lush green forest. The ground was covered with ferns and moss creating a soft bed that invited one to just lay down (but no, I didn't... haha ... I worried I would not be able to get back up! haha).  I definitely want to go back into this area and do more exploring.






First time for me to see a bronze colored mushroom!



Always taking pictures of the little things! ;)






Look at the size of that upended tree root bed!



I call this a "chocolate mushroom" but don't know the real name of it. 
I see it through my mind's eye...  and chocolate is always on my mind!  haha









Lunch spot... the best!


















It's always fun to climb up something!












Cooling off...





2020 Hike 15/52 - 5.59 miles; 345 feet of elevation gain




No comments:

Post a Comment