Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking Goals for 2011

(January 26, 2011) In February 2010, I got off the couch and started training for my first 3-Day Susan G. Komen walk in September 2010. People thought I was crazy and asked if I actually knew how far 60 miles was?! Since I was a couch potato, I wasn't that shocked over their reactions. However, those reactions made me very determined to do exactly what I said I was going to do. That was 11 months ago. Since that time, I have documented 713 miles for the year. In 2010, I walked my first half marathon, my first full marathon and 60 miles in three days for the Cure! My commitment is stronger than ever and my goal for the year of 2011 is to walk 1000 miles! I'm of course walking the 3-Day Susan G. Komen walk in September again (MY FAVORITE EVENT!) and have signed up to walk three half marathons this year and two full ones. I love my new life and love walking for a cause. In fact, I'm going to get my first ever tattoo this year as well... a fancy pink ribbon!
Helvetia Half Marathon (my first!!) - June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment