Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nine Hundred Miles

Today I hit the 900 mile mark for 2011.  I set a goal of walking 1000 miles this year and obviously I am going to blow that goal up in smoke!  I still have three months!  It's hard to believe how easily the miles add up.  Rain or shine, I want to be out there. I can't help it, I LOVE WALKING!

Sunday, October 9th, is the 40th anniversary of the Portland Marathon, my 2nd year participating in it, and my 3rd full marathon to walk.  I'm really looking forward to it!  Of course I hope to better my time from the two previous full marathons, even if it is just by a minute or two.  My bib number is 8714. I know there is a way to view where I'm at on race day but I have no clue how it's done yet! I'm trying to find out. I think that would be pretty cool for my family (and friends) to keep up with me that day and be "there with me". Looks like it is going to rain (no big surprise there!) but hopefully nothing like the torrential downpour we had to endure last year. Maybe the clouds will be kind to us and just keep their droppings to themselves until after the event.  ;)

Last week I found the perfect earbuds.  This week I found the perfect socks!  (Funny that I actually find this exciting news!) Seriously, I tried a new sock and I didn't FEEL my shoes for the entire six miles I was wearing them.  Amazing.  They are called WrightSock and right they are!  I'm sold.

As far as my eating plan goes... well... I'm eating alright, just not on a real good plan!  My goal to lose these last 20 pounds is proving to be harder than it should be.  I do well for a couple of weeks and lose 5 - 8 pounds.  Then something changes and I eat until I've gained the majority of those pounds back, at which point I start doing well again!  It's the craziest thing and I don't understand myself at all.  At least the high-end number keeps getting lower...  SLOWLY... but it's getting lower.  I just need a personal chef - oh wait, I have one! Okay, let me be more specific. I need a personal chef WHO IS WILLING to prepare and portion out my meals and padlock the refrigerator and pantry while he's away at work.  haha  Wouldn't that be a perfect world?! Yeah. But because I very obviously don't live in a perfect world, I will have to do it myself and make eating better/less a priority.  That's the key to this dilemma and I know it... dedication and focus.  It isn't ever going to just happen without me making it a priority. I want to reach that goal by the end of this year.  2011.  Down 20.  THIS. YEAR.

Amazingly though, most of my shirts are too big now so even though I'm not dropping the pounds on the scale, I'm doing something right.  That counts by golly!

With that said, it's time to sign off and watch the Biggest Loser - my motivation... my inspiration... my push to get up and go! Tomorrow I am going to focus! It is in MY control. I must be the one to do it and I know darn well that I CAN DO IT.

Adios!

P.S.  I would like to give a shout out to Russia!  Someone there has been here a lot lately!  Email me. Introduce yourself.  I'm always open to new friendships - you can't have enough of them in this world!  :)

walkingthemiles@yahoo.com


_____________________________________

A goal is a dream with a deadline. - Napolean Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment