Monday, October 31, 2011

Note to Self ... and to my other friendly bloggers!

(Totally off subject but important info!)

Who knew?! (Some of you probably did but I bet there are many of you that didn't!) When it comes to blogging on Blogger, Google+ and Picasa are connected... yes, most of you knew THAT part. What you might not know is that if you "clean up" (delete photos from) the specific folder Picasa created when you posted pictures in Blogger, you actually WIPE OUT the photos posted on your blog! Your blog photos are linked to the folder in Picasa, NOT imported from Picasa. I did not know THAT and trust me, there is a BIG difference.

googled to find a fix or a reverse action remedy only to find others in the same situation... angry and frustrated over the loss of photos... and in one man's situation, the loss of FIVE YEARS of blogging photos! Luckily (for me and you!), I haven't been blabbing all that long but it still took me HOURS to replace them. Google responded to the many posts by saying it was "unfortunate" but that there was no way to undelete deleted photos and that photos should be backed up - mine are but of course my blog isn't. Although I could easily go into the various albums on my computer to find the photos, it didn't make it any easier to replace them on the various blog posts. Google+ and/or Picasa needs a pop up warning when one is deleting photos from a folder connected to Blogger... or to any other site out there in the cyber world!

I hope this post saves someone else from going through the same frustrating experience!

On the positive side, I replaced all of my pictures and even added some new ones! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment