Saturday, February 4, 2012

Determined to live the life I want to live!


I got another one! I knew when I got [past the pain of] the first one, I would eventually get another one. They are unbelievably addictive.

My tattoo is a daily reminder to myself of how far I have come... how I got here... and where I'm going.

The Japanese writing means "determination". That single word has changed my life. People ask me all the time how I have accomplished my weight loss and the answer is always the same... DETERMINATION. It took a lot of determination to get off the couch, move past the back pain and start walking. It took a lot of determination to lose nearly 100 pounds. It will continue to take a lot of determination to get the last of the unwanted weight off and then keep it off.

The numbers represent the distance of a full marathon. Walking marathons has also changed my life. Walking helped me lose weight. Losing weight helped me find my passion for walking marathons! And to walk 26.2 miles... well, it takes A LOT of determination!

Health, mobility, courage, self-confidence, pride, happiness... the list of what I have gained goes on and on! I look at my tattoo and I see all of this! It really means a lot to me.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of your success and I fully believe you'll determined continue to reach all of your future goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Girlfriend! Glad to hear you are staying true to yourself. whoo hoo!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete