Saturday, August 8, 2020

McNeil Point... again!

Today Beatrice and I hiked up to McNeil Point on Mt. Hood. This was Beatrice's first time up this trail and of course it is one of my favorites! We went the long route (extra miles are always good!) instead of the climbers' short cut because I'm still trying to get past my cold and continue to feel a bit wiped out. It was a little cool up there but perfect weather for hiking. The mountain was hiding behind clouds much of the day and the bear grass blooms were on full display! We had lunch near the shelter and sat there talking about life, the pandemic, future hiking plans (woohoo!), and everything in between. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends! :)































2020 Hike 33/52
10.24 miles; 2972 feet elevation gain


No comments:

Post a Comment