Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hunchback Mountain Hike... Again!



Hunchback Mountain. I climbed it last Saturday, May 25th, and said I didn’t care if I ever climbed it again… it was tough and it was scary. Happy that I did it but "Been there, done that!" was good enough for me! The cliffs literally gave me nightmares for two nights following that hike. Yikes.

Here it is one week later and I climbed it again! 😄 My adventure sister and I were discussing what hike we would do over the weekend and I found myself texting: “I can’t believe I’m going to say this but we can do Hunchback. It’s an awesome training hike.”  (We are training for Mt. St. Helens, you know...)

Yep, I’m just that crazy. 😀 

Hunchback Mountain – Take Two. It was sunny, warm and beautiful with a view! Very different from last weekend but the hike was still scary (just not as much) and still tough (every bit as much!). We took our time, took our usual obscene amount of pictures and worked our way UP and back down that beast. I wasn’t as worried about the cougars this time but they were never truly far from my thoughts. The only real struggle I had – other than the obvious effort it takes me to get up those steep inclines – was the warmer temperature. I was wearing my heavy winter socks and my feet became hot and uncomfortable (actually painful) a couple of miles from the end. Where are those darn donkeys when you need them?? It's time to break out the summer wear.

As always, a great hike with my adventure sister, Lidia! 9.9 miles; 3,955 feet in elevation gain.
















Photo Credit: Lidia M.








A crazy looking tree!


Photo Credit: Lidia M.
I think I can... I think I can...(I did!)  ;)


The girl climbed down that embankment
to get a picture of the flowers!














On top of that ridge up there was our high point







2019 Hike 18/52
9.90 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment