Thursday, September 1, 2011

Letters of Encouragement


After walking 20+ miles for the day, there's nothing like a letter from a family member or special friend. If you would like to send one to me while on the Walk for the Cure, please send it to:

3-Day for the Cure
ATTN: JACQUELINE DELGADO
P.O. Box 22636
Seattle, WA 98122

You must have it mailed out by September 6th.
 
The cards and letters I received last year were so wonderful to read at the end of a long day's walk.  I even received a very meaningful card from a stranger, thanking me for walking because her mother was going through breast cancer treatments.  That's why I do this!  I would love to hear from all of you!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had found you sooner.. just your thru bendoeslife. Best of luck to you next week. The Komen 3-day is on my bucket list. If I can ever step back from my Relay For Life responsibilities. Thank you for what you do.... one day, there WILL be a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dee! This is my second year to do the 3-Day. It is such an amazing event! I believe once you do it, you are hooked! Sign up and go for it! (Or as Ben would say, Just Do It!) I just made a list of goals for myself today. Now to start checking them off...

    ReplyDelete