Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I've Been Missing!

Today was the first time I walked with an iPod and WOW, the power of music!  (Welcome to the real world!) I have been missing out on something wonderful! Talk about adding some pep to my step! I really had to use some self control so I didn't make a fool of myself while jammin' to the music! (I have ZERO rhythm. Z-E-R-O.)  I have used my iPod while in the house with speakers but never with earbuds.  Earbuds are useless to me because I have to take my hearing aids out and then can't hear much of anything... UNTIL NOW.  I finally found a pair that works for me: Yurbuds - Ironman Inspire.   I can hear out of them and I can actually hear the WORDS of the songs! WOW! These are some pretty awesome ear buds! I know I have the volume turned way up and I also know having the volume that loud isn't doing my eardrums any favors but I CAN HEAR THE MUSIC! (Ears are already shot so no need to worry, right?!) In addition, they are comfortable and made to stay in your ears during exercise. They don't fall out! In fact, they don't even pull out easily! I was lucky enough to get them majorly discounted too! (Thanks M!) I really enjoyed my walk today more than any other walk I have ever done alone.  At the top of my list for motivational-kick-it-into-high-gear-shake-your-booty music was Lady Gaga's Bad Romance.  Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats, Cher's Life After Love, and Queen's Another One Bites the Dust all had great beats too and kept me moving at a fast pace. (Yes, I listen to quite a mix of artists!) I will have to move some things around though because songs like Kelly Clarkson's Be Still (of all names!) and Elton John's Believe did nothing for me. The high energy songs kept me on a different level - almost like drinking too much coffee! (Could have been partly due to that Zipfizz I was drinking too! haha Great stuff!) ;)

I am so happy I found a new walking "buddy" for the times when no one else is joining me! I am most anxious to use them while on my own during the marathons.  The music will keep my mind occupied rather than focusing on the time and distance. Mr. Yurbuds, I love you mucho! You have forever changed my life of walking.

To top this wonderful day off, I signed up for the Seattle Half Marathon with my sister-in-law, Edith.  It is her first and I am so happy I will be there by her side! Seattle's Marathon Day is November 27th - the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  Do you think Hudson's can serve me up some pasta on such a special day?! Just kidding, Husband! I will force myself to eat an extra serving of the bread pudding! That would certainly qualify as carb-loading, wouldn't it?!    ;)

1 comment:

  1. Funny you mention this! I always listened to music on my short runs but never my long runs. Earlier this year, I started using my ipod on my long runs and WOW, what a difference. I actually used my ipod in my last marathon and it really helped the miles pass when I was all alone.

    ReplyDelete